Food Allergy True or False
Take this quiz to test your food allergy smarts!
- All chocolate-flavored foods contain milk.
- A person experiencing anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction) will always have hives.
- Some baked goods can be made without wheat.
- The egg white contains more allergenic proteins than the egg yolk.
- Food allergy among children in the U.S. is increasing.
- Food manufacturers must let shoppers know whether their product is made on the same equipment that is used to make foods that contain any of the top eight food allergens.
"1. False (read ingredient labels carefully!) 2. False. 3. True! Many cookies, cakes, muffins, and other baked foods can be made with special wheat-free flour. 4. True (though both parts have allergenic proteins). 5. True. 6. False - "May contain" statements are voluntary, although most manufacturers use them.